Willing authors are invited to contribute with high-quality papers to IE 2023.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Papers should have between 4 and 12 pages, but not less or more. Authors of best selected papers will be invited to publish an extended format in a special issues of high quality journals.
Download the format of the paper from Conference Proceedings guidelines | Springer page
Please check the session schedule on the program that you will receive by email after the registration deadline to see which day and time you are presenting. The duration of a presentation slot is 20 minutes (15 minutes for your lecture and 5 minutes for questions-discussion). An LCD projector and a computer (MS Windows) with a CD-ROM drive, USB ports, and presentation software (MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in all the conference rooms for lecture presentations.
General recommendations for your presentation
- Use pictures and keep in mind that a good picture worth more than 1000 words.
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background.
- Limit the number of words per visual to no more than 35.
- Leave space, at least the height of a capital letter, between lines of text.
- All fonts, including those on graphs, should be 18 point or larger.
- Your presentation time is about 15 minutes, leaving about 5 minutes for questions from the audience.
- A reasonable presentation time for each slide is about 2 minutes, as any shorter interval will make it difficult for the audience to understand.
- Do not waste visuals where they are not needed. Use them where a picture, chart, diagram, or cartoon will help. Tables of figures are hard to read and understand quickly, use pie charts or column graphs instead.
- Do not put anything on the visual if you don’t need it. Tell what each visual is all about, but do not read from it. Keep it on screen, as long as your talk refers to it.